Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fairytale Life





As you all can see the pic above is all the descendent of my bloodline and yes they are royalty. My fathers side is the royalty of a place called Langkat in Medan. This family tree was given to my dad who had little proof once that we were in fact a part of royalty. I know the pic sucks so bear with me, my great grandfather was the poet Tengku Amir Hamzah (pic above the family tree) ; the one who died during the East Sumateran Social Revolution.For once after knowing this fact made me feel like one of this days maybe I do intend to go back to the land of our ancestors for a visit.



A little while ago my best friend Amir also pointed out that he just found out that his girlfriend of nearly 3 years now, Eyn is in fact also royalty ( I will not point out from where due to the personal matters). Apparently his girlfriend is also the neighbour of two of my Uncle's, both whom are also of high status.One is (although not 100% certain) is one of the prince's of Kelantan while the other one was a general of the royal army....and one of the few who was actually invited to West-Point! . After deliberating a few more hours on this matter, Amir made a bold statement that he always wanted to marry a princess hahahaha well whatever you have my support dude( Hell we've already known each other 10++ years). Well Amir may want a princess but as for yours truly, I just want a girl who is very understanding and independent, as those traits are like gems to me. For me, I would gladly pick a girlfriend who is not dependent on status but on the mutual respect one has for one another, status to me isn't everything. ( not wife, it's impossible to jump to final stage if you haven't even completed the first stage).A girl who is able to speak her mind, not afraid of standing up to what she believes in, now that for me is what I define as a very nice girlfriend. If it's not asking much please let her also have some ladylike qualities....( is this bias?) like the great lady Susan B. Anthony :) (yeah just had UKM's womens day, so I googled for info, so sue me).

Anyway's after a veryyyy long chat with my best bud, we finally did come to terms that each and everyone of us do live in a fairytale, each individual does have a fairytale dream since childhood and I think it would be a shame if that dream is not able to be brought into reality.Even so, one must not forget that reality can be harsh on everyone, be it the youth or the adults. But it is sometimes through this fairytale that one has accomplished that we all seek closure in during the bad times and somehow it does help to brighten your mood.Okay that's it for this post, the next post is about the main agenda of me and Amir's discussion last night, "truth"

No comments: