Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Grim future but a hopeful Present?

Just got back from hanging out with one of my best friends , Nada. Just couldn't stand to see her down and out after Advance Accounting paper. Apparently in her opinion she said it's 20 times harder than Corporate Finance, a paper we are both taking and the one I did not sleep and studied until after the exam.....this does not bode well for my second semester as a senior since then it will be my turn to suffer (pretty sure she's waiting for that too).

So we both went out with a spur of the moment plan to watch a movie and grab her hot hazelnut hot chocolate (promised her a week back, to all my shah alam buds i know it's a little late than usual for me to keep a promise so shut up, we had exams). We wanted to bring along our Accounting club president along but couldn't contact him at first since he left his phone at the exam hall (Dude!!). We still found it hilarious that he was suppose to meet an old chap of his in shah alam ( Me and Nada are both from Shah Alam, there's nothing there after 10! eehhh except for kopitiam's and mamak's).

We finally arrived at Alamanda thinking that it's closing hours so there should'nt be any crowd right? WRONG we forgot tonight was a Saturday night (blame the admin for making our exams on saturday so we thought it was a weekday). Anyways we wanted to watch step up 3D ( I actually wanted to make my so called campus "nephew" jealous, muahahahaha) but it was fully booked.So we opted for Grownups....and the movie did not dissapoint!. Although I still think it should be a PG 18 instead of a PG 13.....veerrryyyy funny and yet flashy movie ( there goes all my pahala from fasting).We also managed to seek in our starbucks drink without getting caught (bonus!)

So the conclusion to all of this is, in my personal belief is that after a day that has thrown you down the waterhole and perhaps even sunk you to the bottom of the sea, I think you should at least give yourself a pat on the back and say "hey I did my best, what's done is done". One usually always feel depressed after not being able to score or answer a paper, But that will only damper your resolve afterwards. So to all my friends who took advance accounting this semester I'll say this, I'll be proud of all of you whether or not you score or didn't... at least you fought until the end. Now go and put a smile on your face and wipe does tears of agony and concentrate on the next agenda at hand. (Damn why the hell am I getting so hyped on you guys,is this what they call the point of adulthood?)

No comments: