"Truth"
What do we define as truth as these days? not telling a lie? being oneself? or just speaking up to what you believe in? ."Truth is presented to have a variety of meanings, from the state of being the case, being in accord with a particular fact or reality, being in accord with the body of real things, events, actuality, or fidelity to an original or to a standard, truth "behind" everything, the ontological truth. In archaic usage it could be fidelity, constancy or sincerity in action, character, and utterance.Various theories and views of truth continue to be debated among scholars and philosophers. There are differing claims on such questions as what constitutes truth; what things are truthbearers capable of being true or false; how to define and identify truth; the roles that revealed and acquired knowledge play; and whether truth is subjective, relative, objective, or absolute" (Quoted from wikikpedia). As you can see there are many different approaches to tackle this meaning, should this also mean that truth itself has varied meaning for each individual? Perhaps as some people in this modern age has opposed to the pure meaning of being truthful as some deem it to be overrated.
Well then how should we define truth as now? Is it not to be true to your feelings and speak honestly (Quote from Amir). Well in his opinion for example in terms of love, a rose shows truth of ones feelings for the other. I can't be sure of this context since me myself have not been in a relationship but it's still nice to see that there are still some who still deem the truth as the best possible solution and not overrated.Although I admit I'm still kinda nervous on using your advice dude, I'll let you know how it goes out later on. As you see this days, some relationships are based on 100% lies; you see a few of this cases in USA as girls falling head over heels for a guy and only to find out how full of S&*t he is after they get married. I mean being a former American oriented dude I cannot feel anything but disgust for these individual males who tend to prey on helpless women searching for true love(goes against my code of ethics).What ever happened to relationships based on the being yourselves towards each other? or has that way of thinking also fade into extinction? Well the maybe I should have been extinct with it....
But is that all truth has been limited to? Love? cause clearly I can't see it being used in other departments that well as we see extortion,smuggling,black markets,laundering and under-bidding going around the world and it sometimes feels kid of depressing that we have come to that stage that the truth is sometimes based on lies in order to gain self benefits. Well hopefully to the youth today, (I don't consider myself a youth anymore) you guys can be better judge of character and try being truthful to each other so that we can finally end this long term cycle of lies...
4 comments:
dude, nicely done, where did u get those details from? - Amir
Amir: Basically from my own personal opinion and your trusty google
What is the purpose of truth?
U-Jean: That's something that has been lost to all of us....pretty sure only a few (if any) know it's purpose
Post a Comment